During my remote desktop session at Techdays 2012 Belguim I explained how a simple touch screen . metro style movement becomes realy difficult in a mouse driven hyper-V environment.
A simple Swipe from the left and Swipe from the top use up the better part of a couple of weeks for me to find how to do it.
So to save you all the trouble, this is how to do it:
Start RD client Metro by clicking the new icon
1) Once your in the RD screen move you out of the RD guest by exiting the windows on the top of the screen.
2) Click on the menu bar at the top of the Guest OS screen releasing your cursor from the Guest OS and bringing the focus back to the Host OS
3) move you mouse around the window to the bottom left corner. Make sure you don’t re enter the window during the process.
4) Re-enter the screen at the bottom left corner of the Guest OS screen
5) Click the mouse to bring the focus back to the Guest OS and slightly wiggle the mouse. You should see the start menu appear.
Leave a Comment