Good day readers,
Today I'm gonna write again about some stupid issue a encountered at a customer's site today when migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.
After I moved all mailboxes from E2K3 to E2K7, and decommissioned the E2K3 box from my network using the official ways (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931 could be used as a reference for input on how to do is), the Outlook 2003 clients started getting a Send/Receive error; everything was working fine however, mail comes in and goes out without issues...
After some investigation in the Event Log, I found out it was related to a missing OAB - Offline Address Book reference.
As the change you walk into this issue also is to be rated at about 100%, I thought on writing a new post on this matter, which gives the solution to the issue:
Thanks for visiting, and I hope again this post was helpfull.
jun 03 2007, 12:51
Peter De Tender