woensdag 29 oktober 2008 0:44
Announcing Windows Server 2008 R2!
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 will be the next version of the Windows Server operating system from Microsoft. Building on the features and capabilities of the current Windows Server 2008 release version, Windows Server 2008 R2 allows you to create solutions organization that are easier to plan, deploy, and manage than previous versions of Windows Server.
Building upon the increased security, reliability, and performance provided by Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2 extends connectivity and control to local and remote resources. This means your organizations can benefit from reduced costs and increased efficiencies gained through enhanced management and control over resources across the enterprise.
Windows Server 2008 R2 will be the first Windows OS platform to go 64-bit only…
For more detailed information: Windows Server 2008 R2 (Beta) Reviewers Guide
Some topics covered:
- Hyper-V Live Migration Support through Cluster Shared Volumes
- Improvements for All Active Directory Server Roles
- Improved Performance for Branch Offices
- Improved Security for Branch Offices
- Improved Compliance with Established Standards and Best Practices
- Improved Storage Solutions
- Improved Remote Administration
Related reading: Windows Server Division weblog announcement
Filed under: WindowsServer2008R2