maandag 17 november 2008 22:41
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 is available
Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 provides a comprehensive, cross-platform management solution for the virtualized data center that helps enable centralized management of virtual infrastructure, increased server utilization, and dynamic resource optimization of virtual IT infrastructure.
Virtual Machine Manager 2008 brings these new features:
- Designed for virtual machines running on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Support for Microsoft Virtual Server and VMware ESX
- Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO)
- Maximize data center resources through consolidation
- Machine conversions are a snap!
- Quick provisioning of new machines
- Intelligent Placement minimizes virtual machine guesswork in deployment
- Delegated virtual machine management for Development and Test
- The library helps keep virtual machine components organized
- Windows PowerShell provides rich management and scripting environment
Available for download on Technet, MSDN (Subscribers) and on Microsoft Download Center here.
Filed under: VMM2008