dinsdag 22 maart 2011 20:27
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Public Beta is available for download
The next generation of Microsoft’s virtual infrastructure management software is available for public download here
Download SCVMM 2012 Beta Evaluation sources here
Download SCVMM 2012 Beta Evaluation provisioned VHD here
SCVMM 2012 brings a lot of new functionality:
- Fabric Management
- Hyper-V and Cluster Lifecycle Management – Deploy Hyper-V to bare metal server, create Hyper-V clusters, orchestrate patching of a Hyper-V Cluster
- Third party virtualization platforms - Add and manage Citrix XenServer and VMware ESX Hosts and Clusters
- Network Management – Manage IP Address Pools, MAC Address Pools and Load Balancers
- Storage Management – Classify storage, Manage Storage Pools and LUNs
- Resource Optimization
- Dynamic Optimization (DO) – proactively balance the load of VMs across a cluster
- Power Optimization (PO) – schedule power savings to use the right number of hosts to run your workloads – power the rest off until they are needed.
- Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) – integrate with System Center Operations Manager to respond to application-level performance monitors.
- Cloud Management
- Abstract server, network and storage resources into private clouds
- Delegate access to private clouds with control of capacity, capabilities and user quotas
- Enable self-service usage for application administrator to author, deploy, manage and decommission applications in the private cloud
- Service Lifecycle Management
- Define service templates to create sets of connected virtual machines, OS images and application packages
- Compose operating system images and applications during service deployment
- Scale out the number of virtual machines in a service
- Service performance and health monitoring integrated with System Center Operations Manager
- Decouple OS image and application updates through image-based servicing.
- Leverage powerful application virtualization technologies such as Server App-V
For more information: SCVMM 2012 TechNet Library
In the upcoming weeks, you can expect some blog posts about many of the topics above…
IMPORTANT: SCVMM 2012 Beta is NOT Supported in production environments.
Filed under: VMM2012